In article <809b079f-cc32-2027-f825-520c77614...@macfh.co.uk>, MacFH - C
Macfarlane - News <n...@macfh.co.uk> wrote:
> On 28/03/2023 15:51, Jim web wrote:
> >

> Sorry to hear about your wife, commiserations to you both.

> > In article <a545ac1d-311a-32cd-d5f1-775a26e06...@macfh.co.uk>, MacFH
> > - C E Macfarlane - News <n...@macfh.co.uk> wrote:
> >>
> >> Might as well be sure, so what happens when you type: python --version
> >>
> >> If that comes up with 3.7 as desired, what do you get for: pip --help
> >
> > It gives me  Python 2.7.17
> >
> > However if I look in usr/lib/ I can see directories for Python 2.7, 3,
> > 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8.

> Different versions of Java,

FWIW I did once try learning and using Java. Gave up after a while because
by the time I'd written anything the methods became 'deprecated' as the
caravan morphed on at superluminal speed! 8-[

So I've stuck with my shoddy use of 'C'. No style, just: "does this give me
the coconut?!" 8-] Oh well, at least I've stopped using FORTRAN. Although
people who know both can see that my 'C' looks like "FORTRAN in
disguise"...

(snipped useful info)

When I can, I'll try again to install the new yt-dlp version again from
scratch. Use a different tack and see. If it doesn't work, I'll give up and
do something else.

Jim

--
Electronics  https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm