On 20/01/2024 17:35, Jim web wrote:

In article <fcf47936-f2e2-bb73-692a-b40a8b918...@macfh.co.uk>, MacFH - C
Macfarlane - News <n...@macfh.co.uk> wrote:

oad it as a test, and have just noticed that it finished around
1330hrs.  It downloaded successfully as "Select Committees Horizon IT
Scandal Inquiry.mp4" 3.09GB, 1:33:18 long, 1280x720x50 and random
seeking within the file seems to play back successfully.  The command
given was:

perl <path>\get_iplayer.pl --profile-dir=<path>  --pid m001vkll -g

Erm,  1h33m is the first half. The webpage says the full programme is just
over 3 hours long. And if you watch it, some of what the page says is
covered seems awol. What I go is also a tad over 3GB, both times I tried.

Playing either file is fine ... for what it contains. Just that the
following section of the sitting seems not to be present.

Sorry, there was such a break between setting the test download going and my noticing that it had finished that I must have forgotten the times involved. I should have checked against your OP before posting, but didn't, for which, apologies.

It does seem to be a problem at the source, doesn't it? ISTR that there used to be some webpage where you can report specific iPlayer problems like this, but all I can find now are:

The usual iPlayer FAQs for the technologically challenged covering problems at the user end and don't seem to acknowledge the possibility of problems their end and provide an option for reporting them, though there is a "Live Chat" option on an overlay mid-right:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help

On the web page that you linked for the programme itself, there are two possible links, of which the best is probably the "Contact us" link in the BBC Parliament logo bottom right, which leads here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/democracylive/hi/bbc_parliament/newsid_3005000/3005343.stm

There's another generic "Contact the BBC" in the footer, but I think I'd probably try the one above first, as from experience I know that this one leads into an endless maze of FAQs from which it is difficult to escape to anywhere that allows you to meaningfully contact a real human being.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact