On 21/01/2024 14:36, Jim web wrote:

In article <abba0747-ad84-98f1-70c4-804214ae6...@macfh.co.uk>,
MacFH - C E Macfarlane - News <n...@macfh.co.uk> wrote:

Not sure where you got the pid m001vxvk from

Used gip to give me the info on the pid. That showed that the 'editorial'
version had a different pid as per above.

Ah!  Didn't notice that.

(1) BTW I checked and I already have a number of AV files from iPlayer that
are around 7GB or more. So EXT4 still seems fine to me. 8-> No need for
'Nice Try FS' or Fat.

Yes, I replied to James Robinson correcting him as follows, but forgot to "Reply to all", so originally only he saw it:

On 20/01/2024 16:03, James Robinson wrote:

> You need NTFS for it to work for bigger files than 4 GB

No he doesn't! As he has already stated, he uses Linux which has a choice of different possible file systems, and he is only using any form of FAT for the boot partition, which in Linux is commonly only a few GB containing boot files; for the main OS partitions most probably he's using ext4, which is the default for most modern Linux distros that I've tried. Ext4 can handle large files no problem at all:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ext4#Features