That's very useful info and I had no idea that it was possible to
change the filename, let alone that such metadata as tracklistings
etc. were even available, so that is now added to options!
It leaves me with a bit of a quandary in that now I'd like to use ISO
dates e.g. firstbcastdate as an improved sorting method but of course
all the historical download filenames are in what I had thought was a
fixed 'dd mm yyyy' format.

But, going back to my original point, it still is rather puzzling why
the filename now includes slashes in the episode date rather than
converting all to spaces, as expected by the 'whitespace' option, as
the metadata appears not to have changed. I guess I can just use
https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/ again to process them for now as
my sed and awk days are long gone.