"Firstname Lastname" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> yes, i saw that changelog entry.  How about mentioning that it requires a
> "-mode xres yres" to do it in the docs? ;)

A good idea, but I'm not the maintainer of Linux Heretic, so I can't
fix it.

> as for my problems, i found that for some reason heretic seemed to be
> grabbing the 320x240 differntly then when speced with the 320x240.  It seems
> to flicker in "menu mode" when not refreshing at 214Hz.  Strange...

Probably related to the way Heretic updates the screen. There's
another undocumented option called '-doublebuffer' in ggiheretic,
which may help a bit. It's not perfect though.

> As for my problems, it seems that i had a screwed up motherboard.  It would
> die when certain monochrome cards were mixed with vga cards, and would just
> not work with other monochrome cards.
> I have switched to a new computer in which the motherboard is screwed up in
> a differnt way, and while the video works, the kernel & ggi no longer
> compile :/

Umm, maybe you should just go buy a working motherboard. ;-)

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]