Subject:    kgicon questions
Author: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:       12/16/99 12:54 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to get a kgicon fb running. I have a Cyrix MediaGX board with the
5530 chipset. I can get the kernel vesafb to run in 640x480x8 with no
problems. If I configure kgicon and build for the GX and try 'insmod
kigocon.o' the screen displays a bunch of dots on all virtual consoles. If I
configure kgicon and build for VGA and insmod, then con2fbmap, it appears
the new fb takes over but only the top 2-3 inches of the display are
refreshed. My real goal is to get 1024x768x16, but the vesafb doesn't seem
to work quite right with these settings. Any ideas?

Thanks
Kyle Harris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]