> if my visual has 16 bits , 24 bits or 32 bits but not 8 bits,
> i want do work with 8bit internally. i have two possibilities.
> a) use palemu target and get a 8 bit visual, and use ggiPutBox with it
> b) use ggiCrossBlit to convert 8bit memory-target to 16 bit visual.
> which one is faster?

This again depends. If you usually update the whole screen or even write
to it multiple times, crossblit should be faster. If you update stuff only
rarely, the palemu target might be faster, as you don't have to update
areas you don't touch.

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =