[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Christoph Egger) writes:

Hi,

> I have some questions regarding this functions in the <ggi/ggi.h>:
>
> /* Resource functions
>  */
> #define ggiResourceAcquire(res, actype) \
>         (((res) == NULL) ? 0 : ggiResourceFastAcquire((res), (actype)))
> #define ggiResourceRelease(res) \
>         (((res) == NULL) ? 0 : ggiResourceFastRelease((res)))
> #define ggiResourceMustAcquire(res)     ((res) != NULL)
> int ggiResourceFastAcquire(ggi_resource_t res, uint32 actype);
> int ggiResourceFastRelease(ggi_resource_t res);
>

> There's _no_ manuals available, and I know really _nothing_ about this
> functions.

Huh? There's a manpage complete with an example showing how to use
them with DirectBuffers.

> I want to know:
>
> 1. What do they do?

User-wise; acquire and release various resources.
Implementation-wise; just about anything, check the source.

> 2. Which resources are they regarding to?

Anything, but currently they are only used for DirectBuffers.

> 3. How should they handled?

See the ggiResourceAcquire man-page.

//Marcus
        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]