On 27 Feb 2000, Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Christoph Egger) writes:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I have some questions regarding this functions in the <ggi/ggi.h>:
> >
> > /* Resource functions
> >  */
> > #define ggiResourceAcquire(res, actype) \
> >         (((res) == NULL) ? 0 : ggiResourceFastAcquire((res), (actype)))
> > #define ggiResourceRelease(res) \
> >         (((res) == NULL) ? 0 : ggiResourceFastRelease((res)))
> > #define ggiResourceMustAcquire(res)     ((res) != NULL)
> > int ggiResourceFastAcquire(ggi_resource_t res, uint32 actype);
> > int ggiResourceFastRelease(ggi_resource_t res);
> >

> > There's _no_ manuals available, and I know really _nothing_ about this
> > functions.
>
> Huh? There's a manpage complete with an example showing how to use
> them with DirectBuffers.

Ah... yes! Sorry, It was my fault. Because of a typo-error I made, the
man-command didn't found the ggiResourceAcquire man-page. :-(

> > I want to know:
> >
> > 1. What do they do?
>
> User-wise; acquire and release various resources.
> Implementation-wise; just about anything, check the source.
>
> > 2. Which resources are they regarding to?
>
> Anything, but currently they are only used for DirectBuffers.

Could they used for z-buffer, alpha-buffer, etc ?

If no, are there another ways to use the z-buffers, alpha-buffer, etc ?

> > 3. How should they handled?
>
> See the ggiResourceAcquire man-page.

Done. That point is now clear for me. TNX.

Christoph Egger
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]