On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Jon M. Taylor wrote:

> > > Okay. I really like to see a OpenGL library that supports multihead and
> > > has the nice modular features of GGI. So you could have one OpenGL library
> > > where a app can run in X on one head and another app run on the console on
> > > another head. This would be cool.
> >
> > it's possible in the OpenGL specs...  sorta...
> > OpenGL isn't designed for multiheaded but it's designed for multiple
> > display perspectives.  Not the same...
>
>       One thing I have always dreamed about is a GGIMesa extension of
> the "multi" target which would accept multiple eye coordinate sets and
> render each frame to a different sub-target using the different eye
> coordinates.  That should do it, right?

Yep, that's what OpenGL can handle exactly.
There's also the case of multiple screens surrounding a person with
different viewpoints or the CAD way of handling multiple simultaneous
displays....

> > > Right? 2D X server/ 3D OpenGL.
> >
> > Nope.  OpenGL == 2D and 3D target is what I was looking for :)
> > X isn't part of the equation here unless OpenGL is running under X.
> > (not always true :)
> >
> > Cute possibility -> Mesa/GGI as target for GGI....  (could it be done?)
>
>       Sure.  In fact, an OpenGL target could render to Mesa, or GGIMesa,
> or GLX, or Win32 GL, or....

I'm just remembering that GGI -> svgalib emu -> GGI isn't allowed...

but XGGI -> XGGI -> ... -> oh, fbdev
works.

Right, no prob.
Will start looking when done current projects (ecommerce server + a whole
lot of homework)

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis