Jay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hello all,
> I've been working on ggisnes9x and have completed a successful port.
> However, I am reluctant to put it in the main snes9x tree becuase of a
> problem I've been haveing. First of all I should tell you that I am
> using the svgalib target, and it segfaults after every program unless I
> set GGI_DISPLAY=display-svgalib (and sometimes that also segfaults.
> However, the X target works perfectly), but I'm working on getting kgi
> running. My problem is this: when I exit ggisnes9x, I get funny chars on
> any keys I press (or release). The only thing I can do is reboot (by the
> reset button, ctrl+alt+del just gives funny chars) I have found a
> solution, but it's really bad. If I don't call giiClose() an giiExit()
> in the deinit process, my keyboard works, but I get a segfault. I don't
> know if the segfault is from the svgalib target or libgii. (ggiClose()
> and ggiExit() are still called) Can someone tell me if doing it this way
> is okay or not and why?

If you are calling any gii* functions you are likely (but not
necessarily) doing something wrong. I need to look at the full
code to know for certain though.

The svgalib segfault at exit is known. We plan on fixing it, but
it's not top priority as it's harmless and tricky to fix. If the
segfault causes any harmful behaviour I'm interrested in knowing
that though.

//Marcus
        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]