Ah, good catch!  Thank you.

Ryan: might you fix this, since you authored the offending commit?  Thanks!

Simon

From: ghc-devs [mailto:ghc-devs-boun...@haskell.org] On Behalf Of
loneti...@gmail.com
Sent: 14 October 2016 23:24
To: Simon Peyton Jones via ghc-devs <ghc-devs@haskell.org>
Subject: RE: Aargh! Windows build is broken AGAIN

Hi Simon,

Sorry for the broken build again. Since your last email I do run a nightly
build, but you were about an hour and a half before today’s build!

Anyway, I believe the offending commit is
8c6a3d68c0301bb985aa2a462936bbcf7584ae9c ,
This unconditionally adds GHC.Event which then includes that TimerManager which
is defined for POSIX only.

Reverting that should get you building again.

Cheers,
Tamar