Michal Terepeta <michal.terep...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> While looking at nofib, I've found a blog post from Neil Mitchell [1],
> which describes a Shake build system for nofib. The comments mentioned
> that this should get merged, but it seems that nothing actually happened?
> Is there some fundamental reason for that?

Indeed there is no fundamental reason and I think it would be great to
make nofib a bit easier to run and modify.

However, I think we should be careful to maintain some degree of
compatibility. One of the nice properties of nofib is that it can be run
against a wide range of compiler versions. It would be ashame if, for
instance, Joachim's gipeda had to do different things to extract
performance metrics from logs produced by logs pre- and post-Shake
nofibs.

> We could also create a cabal and stack files for `nofib-analyse` (making
> it possible to use some libraries for it).

This would be great. This would allow me to drop a submodule from my own
performance monitoring tool.

Cheers,

- Ben