Betreff: [Ghdl-discuss] problem GNAT while compiling the libraries
Von: Roberto Hexsel
An: ghdl-discuss@gna.org

greetings,

I am trying to build ghdl from sources, and following the instructions to the
letter.

When compiling the VHDL libraries, the error is (Unix comands in bold)

make clean
  lots of files removed

make ghdllib
make GHDL=/usr/local/bin/ghdl vhdl.libs.all libs.vhdl.standard
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/roberto/ghdl-master'
if [ -d ./.git ]; then \
          desc=`cd .; git describe --dirty`; \
          sed -e "s/[(].*[)]/($desc)/" < src/version.in<http://version.in> >
version.tmp; \
        else \
          cp src/version.in<http://version.in> version.tmp; \
        fi
if [ ! -r version.ads ] || ! cmp version.tmp version.ads > /dev/null; then cp
version.tmp version.ads; fi
gnatmake -aI./src -aI./src/vhdl -aI./src/psl -aI./src/vhdl/translate
-aI./src/ghdldrv \
         -gnaty3befhkmr -gnatwae -aO. -gnatf -gnat05 -g -gnata ghdl_gcc -bargs
-E -largs
gcc -c -I./ -I./src -I./src/vhdl -I./src/psl -I./src/vhdl/translate
-I./src/ghdldrv -gnaty3befhkmr -gnatwae -gnatf -gnat05 -g -gnata -I-
/home/roberto/ghdl-master/src/ghdldrv/ghdl_gcc.adb
gcc: error: /home/roberto/ghdl-master/src/ghdldrv/ghdl_gcc.adb: Ada compiler
not installed on this system
gnatmake: "/home/roberto/ghdl-master/src/ghdldrv/ghdl_gcc.adb" compilation error
make[1]: *** [ghdl_gcc] Error 4
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/roberto/ghdl-master'
make: *** [libs.vhdl.gcc] Error 2

in an attempt to find the Ada compiler:

which gnat
/usr/local/bin/gnat

 /usr/local/bin/gnat --version
GNAT GPL 2016 (20160515-49)
Copyright (C) 1996-2016, Free Software Foundation, Inc.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE.

apparently, the GNAT compiler is there and is an executable.

Is the path to GNAT hardwired anywhere in the code, or in the Makefiles?

I looked into these and did not find anything wrong.

thanks in advance,
   Roberto

--
Roberto Hexsel   rhex...@gmail.com<mailto:rhex...@gmail.com>