Betreff: Re: [Ghdl-discuss] problem GNAT while compiling the libraries
Von: Roberto Hexsel
An: ghdl-discuss@gna.org

Acting on Patrick's question,

> I find it strange that your gnat names himself "GNAT GPL 2016" instead of
> gnat 6.3.0 or any other GCC like version number.
>
> What is your system's name? Is GNAT standalone in your system or a part of
> GCC?

I installed (again) Debian's gnat and the libraries compiled.  My regression
tests run  to completion, and it seems GHDL is correctly installed.

Thanks for your help and patience!

--x--

In spite of being somewhat experienced with Linux-Debian administration, I got
confused in the process of building GHDL  :)

The instructions say the GNAT should, preferably, be that from
http://libre.adacore.com.

I downloaded the tarball with the latest version and installed the files at
/usr/local.

This is the GNAT with the "GNAT GPL 2016" version number, and the one which the
make-ing of the libraries says "gnat compiler cannot be found".

Considering Patrick's suggestion, I downloaded the (very old) GNAT 4.6 of the
Debian distro and with this version, GHDL compiled all the libraries.

The permissions and PATHs were all double-checked before asking for help on
ghdl-discuss.

I guess I ought to have stuck with the proven 2014 GNAT.

Please note that this is not a complaint, just a report on my experience.

Regards,
    Roberto

--
Roberto Hexsel   rhex...@gmail.com<mailto:rhex...@gmail.com>