> He asked this very mailing list. [See attached] For just
> one link. And while only Dr. Bunks can authoritatively
> state the response he received, apparently it was zip.

It was never my point to say that the situation is perfect as is.
The only reason why I spoke up was that I wanted to speak for
gimp.org. If there's a chance to get new people, new ideas, new
spirit into gimp.org then the time is now.

> Perhaps only the IRC is the proper forum for gimp administrivia...

Sometimes it is, perhaps it shouldn't be. Everything can be
changed...

> On the other hand, perhaps this is why we really, truly need
> a gimp.org  webmistress/master - or a group that can make the role
> function - so as to realize requests such as this. That is the
> true issue. As any number of posters have observed, bits can
> live anywhere - who cares where they live. Sourceforge. gimp.org.
> Anyplace is fine by me.

I do not at all insist on staying with the gimp.org server, but
I'd really like to see a more uniform namespace. And I do agree
wholeheartly with you that we need a group of people feeling
responsible for gimp.org.

I think it's a very good idea and as soon as those routers decide
that I may reach cvs.gnome.org, I will commit this change. Sorry,
that the mail was silently ignored in the first place. Sometimes
it's hard to follow each and every mail on the list...

Salut, Sven