In regard to: Re: urgent please, Tomas Ogren said (at 9:41am on Aug 14, 2000):

>On 13 August, 2000 - Tim Mooney sent me these 2.6K bytes:
>
>> Basically, the way gtk is built on AIX makes it pretty much unusable, because
>> of the way AIX does shared object dependencies.  The problem isn't in the
>> gtk code, it's in the build process itself.
>[..]

>Or.. you could cheat and build gtk+ statically..

It's a hack, but perhaps gtk+ should default to being built statically on
AIX 4.x.  The reason for that and the way to get a functioning shared object
should still be documented and included with gtk+, but at least a static
libgtk would work out of the box.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Room 242-J1, IACC Building              (701) 231-8541 (Fax)