Am Freitag, 15. Februar 2013, 04:52:49 schrub Partha Bagchi:
> Hi Victor,
>
> Latest git. I have an NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M card with 1G VRAM. The opengl
> version is 1.1 CUDA 4.2.1 etc. Windows 7 64bit
>
> I think OpenCL is taking down my video every time. Here is a simple
> repeatable test for me.
>
> 1. Open 16 bit tiff.
> 2. Duplicate layer.
> 3. Layer - desaturate -> invert
> 4. GEGL gaussian blur x = y = 150.
>
> Takes the screen down (goes black and recovers) and leaves a dark tile on
> the layer.
>
> Any ideas?

That is normal when running OpenCL (or CUDA) kernels on a GPU that has a
monitor connected. On Windows it will time out quite quickly, on Linux AFAIK
not. However, that can be configured. Google is your friend, just search for
"nvidia watchdog".

[...]

> Thanks,
> Partha