On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 7:23 PM, Liam R E Quin <l...@holoweb.net> wrote:
> Beware of free image sites for commercial use - usually you have to pay
> at least a little money so that you can say you had a legitimate right
> to use the image, if the image turns out to have belonged to someone
> else.  Unfortunately it's common for people to take an image and sell it
> or post it on a free site saying it was their own.

This one is legit: http://www.freeimages.com/ ( formerly http://sxc.hu
and recently purchased by Getty )

Some of the photos do have restrictions (eg, 'Author must be notified
if the image is used in a public work' ), but the majority are free as
in beer and speech.

A lot are "amateur", but I've found some surprisingly excellent photos on there.

HTH,
Chris