Hi Sam.

Sam Bagot (dsm...@gmail.com) wrote:
> Is there any thought on salvaging the marketing effort and renaming this
> product so that it can be taken seriously by people and institutions?
> Also, a big barrier to entry adopting Linux for people is a solid
> graphic manipulator.  The bad branding is causing many people in my art
> communities around Austin to avoid Linux in general.
>
> What are the plans on renaming and success?

Basically our approach is to redefine what "Gimp" means. In the vast
majority of the world "Gimp" refers to the Gnu Image Manipulation
Program, the alternate interpretation is unknown to most people in the
world.

Renaming Gimp would hurt our brand badly and is not an option.

If it is a problem in your local area (some areas in the US typically)
that is unfortunate, but we need to rely on your powers to explain that
we're helping in getting rid of the derogatory interpretation of the
term "Gimp".

Bye,
        Simon

--