Hi Elle,

On  9.4.2016 at 10:32 PM Elle Stone wrote:
I made the assumption that the very talented babl/GEGL/GIMP developers
are capable of writing code that can send colorant information from GIMP
to babl.

On the basis of this assumption, I made a list of all the code files in
babl/GEGL/GIMP that would require patching:
http://ninedegreesbelow.com/files/patch-gimp/user-chosen-rgb/hard-coded-srgb.ods

Then I wrote some "proof of concept" patches for providing GIMP users
with the ability to edit in RGB working spaces other than sRGB:
http://ninedegreesbelow.com/files/patch-gimp/user-chosen-rgb/proof-of-concept-patches.tar.gz

I also wrote an overview of the task of patching babl/GEGL/GIMP to allow
for editing in a user-chosen RGB working space:

Modifying bab/GEGL/GIMP for editing in user-chosen RGB working spaces
http://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/gimp-edit-in-user-chosen-rgb-working-space.html

thank you for your contribution and sorry for not replying earlier.
I didn't have the time yet to read all your lines yet, but how about
pushing your work to separate branches in babl, GEGL and GIMP?
We could review and refine them there and make builds on Jenkins
for testing. When they have matured for integration they should go
then into the master branches.
If you need help with development let us know.

Greetings

Sven