On Thu, 2016-05-19 at 19:03 +0100, C R wrote:
> And yet hitting Enter/Return key to commit/save is standard here too,
> which
> is why there's a popup warning on overwrite in cases of overwriting a
> file.

Yes. (sorry for not being clear)

Whether enter commits the action in those cases depends on the focus
and autocomplete status, unfortunately.

I'd favour something like shift-enter doing the default action - still
one hand and not easily done accidentally.

I am not sure why Enter doesn't move from one text field to the next in
e.g. the Rotate dialogue - tab is needed instead. The Sun and AT&T UI
research led to the idea of pressing enter focussing each entry in turn
until you got to the OK button, and then applying it, but they didn't
study advanced image editors.

Liam

--
Liam R. E. Quin <l...@holoweb.net>