Hello, I'm intending to build plugins to improve gimp's UI in various ways and
get around the source code.  Most notably, I want to change the right click
menu.  To that end, I wish to have two behaviors non-standard with plugins.

1. Have the UI improvement called at each creation of a display.
2. Receive a pointer to that display.

For 1, I don't know how to do that.  The plug-ins feel like they have been
designed solely to make filter effects.
For 2, I guess I have to add a GimpParamDef "display" with type
GIMP_PDB_DISPLAY, but the documentation is sparse on the topic, and I cannot
manage to receive one when trying out the plugin.  I have for now added
In the list of parameters to give to `gimp_install_procedure` in `query`, but
the pointer given as a `GimpParam` in the `run` function of the plug-in is 0.
I'm using gimp 2.9 (git/master).

Thank anyone that can help me,

Nicolas Brack
gimp-developer-list mailing list