Indeed. I'm finding the speed to be roughly the same as I'm used to with
the GIMP ppa.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to package a different set of GIMP
defaults with an AppImage?
For example, say I wanted to:

1. Set NoHalo as the default interpolation mode for all transformations
2. Set the preview opacity to 75% during all transformations
3. Map (or remap) hotkeys

Is there a way to do this in an AppImage?

Thanks!

-C