On 07/08/17 03:00, Carol Spears wrote:
On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 7:00 PM, Carol Spears <carol.spe...@gmail.com
On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 5:30 PM, richard brown
<richardbened...@gmail.com <mailto:richardbened...@gmail.com>> wrote:
On 06/08/17 21:20, Carol Spears wrote:
On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 1:49 PM, richard brown
The babl fast path is probably not the problem, at least it
is not a problem here. Actually, I kind of like it because I
can watch it to know where some of the other plug-ins are at
in their progress.
The last time I had a segfault like that, I was instructed to
install gdb (https://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/>) because the regular
stack trace is not so helpful.
That has been a few years now, so maybe my advice is outdated.
Thanks. I tried it, and it doesn't like the "gimp-2.9" script
that launches the program.
"/home/richard/Software/gimp-git/gimp/app/gimp-2.9": not in
executable format: File format not recognised
gdb is going to want to be started from the command line.
It is weird to me that you are running this from the source file.
You don't install into /usr/local or /opt or some such? If you
have been building and using gimp from there for a long while,
that would not be the problem but I would have thought that this
could cause problems, like gimp finding the plug-ins it brings, etc.
Here is a how-to that doesn't mention anything I remember when I
I remember using "bt" something like 'gdb bt /path/to/binary/gimp-2.n'
If you could get a good output from that, perhaps you could file a
bug report and maybe the real hackers are there....
After some thought, (and unfortunately no reading) I suspect that the
"bt" was typed during the stack trace.
Perhaps there is some reliable advice in the mail list archives....
Got gdb working with it:
[New Thread 0x7fffaeffd700 (LWP 18150)]
[New Thread 0x7fffae7fc700 (LWP 18151)]
[New Thread 0x7fffbcbb0700 (LWP 18152)]
Thread 1 "gimp-2.9" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
g_type_check_instance (type_instance=type_instance@entry=0x1de98880) at
4131 TypeNode *node = lookup_type_node_I
But, I checked 'Preferences' and I was running 4 threads, and there's a
warning there about instability. So, I tried putting that to 1, and, so
far, no crash.
But thanks for your help.
(The non-standard prefix stuff that I use to run gimp was outlined here
if you're interested:
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address: email@example.com
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list