[EMAIL PROTECTED] (2001-02-24 at 1610.50 +0000):
> Eeek! Fatal error, bailing out
> isn't an acceptable response for a desktop user. Gnome ICU calls such
> a function, and so GNOME creates a panel for it. Stop the FUD.

That is not a solution either. What about a window asking "GNOME ICU
needs to create a panel to place its icon, or work without panel
icon. You can toggle it from the Setting dialog, but how should start
now? Create panel / No icon".

Doing things just for fun is not nice either. Yesterday I upgraded
GNOME, and while playing with options, I crashed an applet, it say
something like "Pager crashed, restart? Restart / Cancel"

[Mailing list rant: I keep being unable to send mails via it]