On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 05:00:49PM -0500, Zachary Beane wrote:
> I have a couple things in my wishlist that I'd like to add to
> TODO.xml.
> - Biased color reduction
>   This is a feature I saw in photoshop. When reducing the colors of an
>   image, it will try to preserve colors within the active selection
>   more than it tries to preserve those outside of it. For example, if
>   you want to keep skin tones in an image, but want to otherwise
>   reduce the overall number of colors, you would select a few
>   representative areas of skin before doing the reduction.

To reply to myself on this...

Personally, I can't count the number of times I've converted an image
to Indexed only to find the black had gone suddenly slightly
off-black, or another solid color that I really needed at a particular
value had suddenly shifted slightly. I'd love to be able to select
those colors before conversion to hint to the Indexed conversion,
"these exact values are important to me."

[EMAIL PROTECTED]     Zachary Beane     http://www.xach.com/