On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, Allan West wrote:

> E-220R's will have SunRays attached, so we'll have a many as 31 users trying
> to run the software concurrently.

sweet!

> concurrent sessions of GIMP. Can anyone provide a rule of thumb to
> apply to this issue?

sure: it doesn't matter because network latency will kill any RAM cache
benefit you might otherwise derive. :) unless I think tile caching is
something it isn't, or does something it doesn't.

just don't let the box swap and you'll be fine. mebbe make it 2MB for fun.
remember that individual gimp sessions only use a small amount of RAM
beyond the first.

--
   Blue Lang                                    http://www.gator.net/~blue
   2315 McMullan Circle, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA         919 835 1540