On Tue, 22 May 2001, Branko Collin wrote:

> On 21 May 2001, at 17:47, Raphael Quinet wrote:
>
> > So in parallel with the discussion about the distribution of plug-ins,
> > there should be a discussion about how to organize the menus.  One
> > idea that was proposed on this list some time ago was to be able to
> > limit the number of things that are included in the menus.  Some M$
> > applications offer reduced menus for beginners,
>
> What the menus in MS Word do is show the most important items plus
> those items you use the most.

When I work on the computers at my faculty's PC-Farm, those menus
are always resetted to their initial values, and then I have to press the
"\/\/" item, and select those that I need. It's quite annoying.

Of course, in UNIX this solved because it is much more adapted to
multi-user work by virtue of the home directory concept. However, we
should have an option whether this feature will be on or off. If it's off,
then all the menus will be displayed fully.

BTW, is it possible to initiate the gimp with a command-line specified
GIMP directory? Vim has an option to use such a vimrc and I use it on the
PC-Farm to customize it. If GIMP can support such a thing, it would make
working on it on Win32 much better. And we do intend GIMP to work nicely
there, right?

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

> --
> branko collin
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Shlomi Fish        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Home E-mail:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

A more experienced programmer does not make less bugs. He just realizes
what went wrong more quickly.