[EMAIL PROTECTED] (2001-09-22 at 1328.43 +0100):
> > we've patched gimp so that it looks only for scalable font (aka
> > postscript and ttf) and everything just operates smoothly.
> Why do you need to patch the gimp to do this?
> If you click on the "Filter" pane of the text tool, you can de-select
> the Font Types "Bitmap" and "Scaled Bitmap", leaving only "Scalable"
> selected.  This should then show you only scalable fonts.

Maybe his patch should set that as default instead of removing
things. Cos some people use fixed fonts in images (ie, create fake
interfaces for demos). Anyway, there are other font tools and the next
generation tool will be different, or so I have heard.