On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 01:11:56AM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I say using a type that represents the actual type of the value
> closely is a feature and not a bug. What wrong about seing:
> Hey, this value is supposed to be unsigned?

Because that's not what "unsigned" does in C.  Unsigned is a promise
to the compiler by the programmer; don't make the promise if you're
not certain you can.  The compiler doesn't enforce type safety with
respect to unsigned (except very trivially).

                         I love catnip mice.
                   It's why I chew their heads off.
                     They're good for breakfast.