Hi all -

I'm completing work on the first version of JGimp, a Java extension for the
GIMP that enables one to execute PDB calls and read/write pixel data from
Java. I've gotten most things working (can make PDB calls and transfer
pixels to and from Java), and am finalizing the plug-in interface for
plug-in writers. Hopefully it should be publicly available in a month or so.

One of the issues I'm curious about is whether one can make multiple,
threaded calls to the PDB from a plug-in. From my tests, it seems you can't.
Since I'm not familiar with the internals of GIMP and its communication
channels, I wonder if anyone on the list could shed some light on this
question.

Thanks,

Michael Terry
Everyday Computing Lab
Graphics, Visualization, & Usability Center
Georgia Tech