I'v send this question to bugzilla but with no echo ;-(

I'd like to know when gimp is going to support 16 bits per channel? Photoshop
supports it ;-)

I know it reads 16 bits per sample files (for ex. tiff files) but it looks like
it doesn't work with them in 16 bit mode (only 8 bits)?

This is really important for all people using gimp as their digital darkroom.

I'v seen a few posts here concernig gimp and photographs and I'm sure that more
and more people will be interested in using gimp as such a tool. Anyway this is
the only one I know for linux.

Piotr Legiecki