Gimp-Print 4.2.1-pre4, released March 30, 2002, is a pre-release of
Gimp-Print 4.2.1. This prerelease offers a number of fixes and
improvements over 4.2.0
This software includes the Print plug-in for the Gimp, and GhostScript
and CUPS drivers, including Foomatic data.
The Gimp Print plugin requires the Gimp 1.2.
The CUPS driver requires CUPS 1.1.9 or higher. 1.1.14 or above is
highly recommended, as certain translation-related bugs are fixed and
it is possible to print true CMYK.
The Ghostscript driver requires Ghostscript 5.10, 5.50, 6.51, or any
later GNU Ghostscript release based on 6.51 (e. g. 6.52).
Please read the README file for full instructions on building and
installing this package.
Gimp-Print 4.2.1-pre4 contains the following major changes and fixes
over Gimp-Print 4.2.1-pre3:
1) The CUPS drivers will now output the complete page when the job
completes rather than waiting for the next job under some
2) Page logging works correctly in CUPS.
3) The CUPS driver now offers both interrupt-driven and polled
parallel ports for BSD; under some circumstances, the polled port
4) A Dutch translation has been added.
5) Quality improvements for pigment-based Epson Stylus Pro printers
(5500, 7500, and 9500).
6) Very fast dithering now works correctly.
7) Epson Stylus Pro printers now print correctly positioned on roll
feed paper, and will not attempt to print to the edge of the
8) Additional Epson, Canon, Okidata, and Kyocera laser printers have
9) Foomatic data for the IJS interface of GIMP-Print is generated now.
The following bugs are fixed in 4.2.1-pre4:
533400 Very fast dithering works incorrectly
525779 Buffering bug in epson cups backend
528922 rastertoprinter doesn't log pages
537248 IJS driver mis-handles -r option
The following critical bug has been reported against all 4.2 releases
to date and is believed to be unresolved in this release. It is
possible that the fix for bug 525779 has partially solved this. The
symptoms are that prints to Windows shared printers are incomplete:
the bottom of the last page will not be printed. There is no known
workaround for this issue.
510185 Incomplete print using CUPS->Samba
Gimp-developer mailing list