Hi,

Robert L Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Gimp-Print 4.2.2-pre1, released May 11, 2002, is a prerelease in
> the Gimp-Print 4.2 line.
> [...]
> Gimp-Print 4.2.2-pre1 contains the following major changes over
> Gimp-Print 4.2.1:
>
>   1) A new dither algorithm, EvenTone, has been added.  This algorithm
>      produces superior results for photographs and other
>      continuous-tone images, but in its current form it may not be as
>      well suited for solid color images and line art.  This algorithm
>      should be considered beta.

will the GIMP plug-in automatically take advantage of this change and
include the new dither algorithm? If I understood the code correctly
this is not the case. If I'm correct, this indicates a design flaw in
the gimp-print library since the list of dither algorithms should be
provided by gimp-print and not being hardcoded to the plug-in. I hope
I'm wrong here.

Salut, Sven