Mario J. Borgnia wrote:
> Hi,
> I currently work with special image formats used in electron microscopy.
> I would like to be able to open, manipulate and save those files using
> The Gimp. Could anybody give me some pointers on how get started writing
> input filters?

Hi Mario,

The most difficult part is undoubtedly the image format itself,
as opposed to the GIMP part. I would suggest taking a fairly
trivial image format (say pnm), and stripping it's plug-in save &
load routines, and replacing them with your custom routines.

The source code for the pnm plug-in is in plug-ins/common/pnm.c.

Hope this helps,
Dave.

--
       David Neary,