On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 06:56:35PM -0500, Kevin Myers wrote:
> Has anyone given any consideration to implementing a feature in GIMP that
> would allow a user to create a script by recording their interactive
> actions?  Something like that would go a long way towards helping folks get
> off the ground with the development of new scripts much more quickly, by
> providing some initial boilerplate that is close to what they need and could
> be much more easily modified to produce the desired result than by starting
> to write a script completely from scratch.

It was discussed here some while ago -- somebody suggested that the best
thing to do would be a `reverse PDB' of some sort, where one could interface
to different back-ends (ie. for Perl-Fu, Script-Fu, some XML language etc.).
As far as I know, no work has been done on it after the discussion died at
that time.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/