On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Kevin Myers wrote:

> However, not all of SIOD is implemented in the GIMP.  Specifically, all of
> the stuff that requires a platform specific implementation is missing.
> These functions were marked with a "U" in the old Indiana doc.  I don't know
> if that's true on the newer site referenced below.

The big U is in the new doc as well.  It's not completely reliable, though
-- a few of the big U's are in script-fu, and a few of the functions not
marked with a U as missing as well.  datlength and datref are the only
ones I can remember that aren't marked with a U and aren't present.
(Which is annoying, since datref can be useful for parasites.)