On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 09:30:57PM +0200, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:
> Possible topics include:
>  -Are there a need for Linux graphics standards

Standards which are arguably needed, off the top of my head:

 * TWAIN-like aquisition standard (not SANE)
   [How should my webcam software work with GIMP and kIllustrator ?]

 * Image formats for X clipboard
   [User hits 'Edit/Cut' in Gimp and then 'Edit/Paste' in kWord]

 * Image codecs (one simple API, dyn loaded, no fancy features)
   [GIMP has fancy hand-rolled stuff, but not everyone needs that]

 * interop with Freedesktop icon standard
   [My hard disk is full of tiny images, all alike]