On Sat, Nov 02, 2002 at 06:28:11AM +0000, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>> Does GIMP use the X clipboard at all, BTW? I think the Windows version uses
>> its internal clipboard, at least (which is quite annoying :-)
> For text or images? Annoying that it does, or doesn't? It uses the
> Windows clipboard for text when you use the normal Control-C, V and X
> keys. Would you prefer it not to?

For images. It's very annoying at times that it doesn't... (The problem is a
lot bigger under Windows than on Linux, since I don't normally cut-and-paste
image data into other programs on Linux.)

> Images have to be copied to/from the clipboard using the Edit:Copy to
> Clipboard and Paste from Clipboard menu entries. (Which you can of
> course bind to keyboard shotcuts if you like.)

Hmm, very useful. Thanks. I was only aware of the "Import -> From clipboard"
menu entry. :-)

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/