What would you think about adding the shortcut keys to the
toolbox tooltips?

It seems like a natural fit.  The "Tools" submenu underneath the
image right-click "Tools" does list the shortcut keys.  However,
the tools I use most often are most easily identified by their
icons.  These are the ones I would like to memorize the keyboard
shortcuts for most.  I would like to be able to pause a moment
before I click the Toolbox's icon, see the tooltip, and slowly
memorize keybindings.

I can write a patch for this myself, if you would like (I think
it should just be a matter of concatenating the shortcut letter
to the existing blurb).  I restrained just because I don't know
the code well enough to fit in, stylistically.

Many thanks,
 - Ryan J. King