From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: 14 Jan 2003 14:27:22 +0100

   Robert L Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

   > You'll notice that we've cribbed some code from libgimpui into our
   > UI library.  This consists of some of the GIMP widgets that are just
   > too useful to pass up.

   I think it would have been wise to discuss this step with the GIMP
   developers beforehand. I haven't looked at your code so I don't
   know which parts you "cribbed" but it seems like a bad idea to have
   the same code in two places. Before you rip code out of a library
   you should at least contact the authors. Perhaps there's a way we
   can avoid maintainence nightmare and make these widgets available
   to other projects instead of forcing more people to copy the code.

Good point.

The specific parts that we borrowed are:

This is still on the development tree, so we have plenty of time to
work out a better way of doing this.

Project lead for Gimp Print   --

--Eric Crampton