At 04:27 AM 01/14/2003 +0100, you wrote:
Somebody in comp.graphics.apps.gimp wrote that the GIMP has been
shown in the major US television series Alias. I don't know if this
is a spoof or not, but any which way, I thought it funny. Judge for
yourself: <http://sd-1.com/boards/uploads/post-79-1042441205.jpg>
I think the comment was legit. I don't normally watch the program but as luck would have it, I did see the episode in question. The computer operator in the show was doing a contrast (or gamma?) enhance on an image to try and get a better view of the female behind the male in the picture. By the time I looked at the TV screen during the scene, they had already zoomed in to just the screen image of the area being manipulated.

Cheers!

Kevin. (http://www.interlog.com/~kcozens/)

Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172 |"What are we going to do today, Borg?"
Packet:ve3syb@ve3yra.#con.on.ca.na| Try to assimilate the world!"
#include <disclaimer/favourite> | -Pinkutus & the Borg