I'm using The Gimp version 1.2.3-2 in Debian stable and am having the following
problem.  When I open a photo that is 2272x1704 and scale it down to 1280x960, the
scaled image has a vertical black line going right down the middle of the photo.  I
was able to reproduce this with dozens of photos.  If I adjust the scale size to
anything other than 1280x960, the scaled image comes out fine, with no black line down
the center.

Is this a known issue that has possibly been fixed in a release after 1.2.3-2?  If
not, anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Thanks for any help,