On 30 Jan 2003, Sven Neumann wrote:

> Hi Nathan,
> when I updated my gimp tree this morning I was surprised to see this
> commit:
> 2003-01-30  Nathan Summers  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>         * app/tools/gimptoolgui.[ch]: GimpToolGui, a new class descended
>         from GimpObject to be used to separate GUI from logic.  Heavily
>         inspired by GimpDrawTool.  Not actually used by anything yet.
> Would you mind to explain what you have in mind here?

Not at all.  I think I posted this before, but basically, I'd like to have
a GimpToolGui class and a GimpToolLogic class, which both inherit from
GimpObject.  The appropriate GimpToolInfo structure would then have to
have the GType for both the gui and logic classes.  A GimpTool can then be
created that contains a pointer to both a GimpToolGui and GimpToolLogic.

> Looks a lot like the GimpDrawTool actually and I'd like to hear about
> your plans for the tools since of course Mitch and me have a plan as
> well. I must admit that we haven't told you about it neither but we are
> actively working towards a massive tool redesign for quite some time
> now.

I would love to hear what you have in mind.