From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: 14 Feb 2003 13:31:20 +0100

   We usually try to avoid to use terms as "the Win32 GIMP port" or "the
   OS X GIMP port" since GIMP is multi-platform and there are no ports to
   other operating systems. Everything is built from the same source
   (well, of course there is a tiny bit of platform-dependant code). If
   it turns out that any changes need to be made in order to build The
   GIMP on a particular platform, this change should be folded back into
   the GIMP source and should if possible not be maintained outside the
   main source tree.

   I'd appreciate if you would try to respect this arrangement in public
   correspondance since it has already caused some misunderstandings in
   the past.

Fair enough.  That wasn't my intention; "package" would indeed be a
more accurate description.