Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:55:34 +0100 (CET)
   From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   Even I'm not an educated programmer, I have staying cmyk on my plans for
   gimp. My reason is to get my own photos out for printing and let my
   printer sensible show the colors I missed for long time on paper.
   (Same should be with offset printing ... )
   There are two targets for me:
   - integrate RGB -> CMYK via lcms <>
     (include gamut checking, select of the right profiles ...)
   - interface tiff / gimp-print - for exporting and for directly printing

Are you suggesting a standalone program to print TIFF files, without
having to go through the GIMP?  That wouldn't be hard to do with the
Gimp-print development mainline (currently at 4.3.10).

Project lead for Gimp Print   --

--Eric Crampton