On 20 Mar 2003 14:27:19 +0100, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> RaphaŽl Quinet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?product=GIMP&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&target_milestone=1.2.4
> >
> > If you can help solving any of these problems, then 1.2.4 will be
> > released earlier.  The most annoying one is bug #83362 (licenses).
> I don't think that any of these bugs warrants a further delay of the
> 1.2.4 release. The most ridiculous one is certainly bug #83362 (licenses).

Well, yes this is a ridiculous bug.  However, the license problems are now
publicly known.  And there is a Debian bug report related to that.  So I
assume that any distribution that is aware of these issues and cares about
being able to distribute packages legally would consider this bug to be a
blocker.  Otherwise, they would be liable in the (unlikely) case that some
copyright holder complains about the licenses.  Not very likely, maybe, but
some distributors are probably taking these legal issues seriously.