Hi there,

I recently uploaded teh 1.3.14 source code, to start to look around the code.

Actually, I humbly intend to actvely join GIMP's development  along the next
couple of months, if I can get enough of what is going on.

./configure, make && make install went as smoothly as one could ever dream, in
a shinny install of MDK 9.1 - Congratulations to whoever manage this part.

And them, I just started to hack around the code to take a grasp of how things
itnerconnect around there. My intent almost worked out at first try (well,
sometimes we might be able to say that a seg fault is ok as 'almost worked
out', might not? ).

But what I do need now is a faster way to go from edit code to running gimp.
Make Install asctually eats out a lot of time on my system. Is it possible to
run the gimp-1.3 binary generated from make straight, without make-installing
it?
How can it be done?

And about my hack: I am trying with a "xor" layer combine and brush modes.
I jsut based my work on the "multiply" mode, and worked on a copy of
"pixel_multiply" in app/paint-funcs/paint-funcs-generic.h ,
and the related enuns in various other files. It seens like I am missing
something yet - I will work on it tonight.

The final effect is just too like the "difference" layer combine mode to be of
any interest, I think, But if it get's interesting enough, I will mention it
again.

Thanks for all help.

        JS
        -><-