Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:
> The information about the CVS modules on the web is this bit
> (from http://www.gimp.org/devel_cvs.html )
(...)
> I know from at least gimp-gap and gimp-perl more, maybe there are a
> couple I have not heard about.

There are libart_lgpl, atk, and pango at least - a build of the
gimp also requires fontconfig, freetype2 and probably others that
I have forgotten.

All of this information is in the INSTALL file, located at the
root directory of your gimp tarball, and also of CVS.

> Possibly tehre is a fair easy way to know about the modules using
> CVS itself. But by knowledge on CVS is close to zero. :-(
> sorry about that.

Nope - CVS does not support specifying interdependencies - it
knows nothing about file structure. It versions files, period.
Luckily, that's all it has to do :) We use good old text files to
specify interdependencies.

Hope this helps,
Dave.

--